Now if you want to flash Custom ROM or any flashable zip files then you must have a custom recovery installed on your phone. The reason why we use TWRP over other custom recoveries is the simplicity and the availability of the image file. Extracting the Boot.img file is time-consuming and requires some effort. Every smartphone brand has a unique firmware format, and the boot.img location on a firmware might also change. Many OEMs, like as Google and Motorola, enable users to extract boot.img files straight from their firmware.
- Download saved to the memory card / storage / extSdCard / ClockworkMod /.
- The Scatter file will load all the firmware partition images into the SP Flash Tool.
- With a 19% market share, it is by far the largest manufacturer of smartphones, followed by Apple.
- SP Flash Tool is primarily available for Windows and Linux operating systems.
You can choose any destination from the list without having to worry about the process. As soon as you select the destination, the backup automatically starts. After installation, you need to launch the app on your android device.
It not only develops ROMs for smartphones, but also for tablets and Windows devices like Surface Pro. And the overall experience is quite nice as it comes with a customized launcher and desktop mode. If minimalism is what you’re looking for then Arrow OS is right up your alley. Possibly the lightest and most functional custom ROM out there, the Arrow OS project is based on the AOSP code while adding useful tweaks. It’s very similar to the Pixel Experience ROM but brings additional features to the barebone feature list. The Android developer community is huge, with their biggest feat stock firmware being the ability to develop custom ROMs or custom Android builds. A custom ROM is an aftermarket firmware production based on the Android source code provided by Google.
- It would be best if you had strong internet connectivity to backup all your files into google drive.
- After detecting the device, the desktop application would be activated.
- In this guide, we will be covering the method in detail, so you can follow it easily.
- TWRP is a powerful tool that gives you full control over the insides of your phone without needing to boot into Android.
Once the process is done, you can head to the Helium app. Browse the applications in the “Backup” tab and select the ones that you want to backup. Finally, tap on BACKUP and choose the backup destination. You can either simply back up the application on the Internal storage, or add a cloud storage account (G Drive, Dropbox, and Box). The most competent method to backup applications on your non-rooted Android is through Helium.